Aspects of Fantasy – Test Session #1
Well, better late than never. Bruce and I playtested ‘Aspects of Fantasy’ almost two weeks ago and I’m just now getting around to gathering my thoughts and documenting the game session. Bruce, as always, was a huge help. Some notes:
1. Decided to base negative hit points on Wisdom. Like this for a couple of reasons – abstractly measures a character’s will to live and provides another use for an often neglected attribute.
2. After talking it over with Bruce I’ve decided to reward Fate Points to players who describe what they do in combat and/or what their spells look like when cast. No hard and fast rule, just a Fate Point after every 3-5 times a character describes what he’s doing. This will be an optional rule.
3. Haven’t had a chance yet to look at weapon aspects and how I’m going to use them.
4. Looked for party aspects in Legends of Anglerre but didn’t see them. I like this idea though. Rule that if the average level of the party is 4th the party gets an aspect, at 8th level a second aspect, etc. Not sure how to use as yet though.
5. Looking at monster aspects and GM fate points to power them. They do have these in Legends. May also be compelled by players? Not sure yet. Have I mentioned I really like aspects?
Looks like Bruce and I have another test session this Wednesday. Definitely getting a lot out of these sessions, plus I’m getting to game a fair bit which has just been great.